What starts with reading story books, when you are a kid, turns into reading books for improving yourself as you grow older. From story books -> technical & management books -> self improvement -> spirituality and beyond, the journey is fantastic and you learn something with each passing day.
You understand your thoughts and emotions more clearly. It makes you realize who you really are and makes your life more meaningful. Reading books will make you a better thinker and a better man.
- Always read your content from a safe distance. Neither too close to your eyes neither too far away from your eyes.
- Always prefer quality over quantity. Better to read one great book than hundred mediocre ones.
- Understand properly what you have read and reflect upon it.
- Don't accept anything blindly that you read, but think for yourself and try to understand the reason behind what's been written.
- Bookmark interesting pages for future references. You never know when you will need them.
- Sometimes it takes more than one reading to fully grasp some thing. Don't be disappointed if you don't understand a book in one reading. Maybe when you come back to it the next time, you will get it.
- Focus completely on what you are reading. Don't think about other stuff while reading.
- If possible, create a favorite spot in your house for reading books. You will feel more relaxed whenever you are there.
- And above all, enjoy your reading experience.
And if you need some help in picking up a good book, you can start with my recommended books section. Happy Reading.
Image Source: Enokson